Associate: Federal Health Policy & Government Relations
Washington, DC-based; Full-Time
Wynne Health Group – a mission-driven, public interest health policy consulting and advocacy firm – seeks applicants with a strong interest and educational background in federal health policy and politics to join our DC team as an Associate. This opportunity is ripe for candidates looking to gain first-hand experience collaborating with seasoned consultants and lobbyists working on the key regulatory and legislative issues shaping our health care system.
At the Wynne Health Group, we are committed to improving health for all by partnering with visionary organizations to advance well-being and expand access to more equitable, cost-effective, quality care. This starts from within, including intentional application of diversity, equity and inclusion practices in our hiring and every client and government encounter.
We seek to embody our core values in all aspects of our work: social responsibility (including donating 5% of our profits to charities selected by team members), integrity, work-life balance, teamwork, service, and innovation. We are seeking candidates who share our values and will commit to these practicing them in your work with us.
Wynne Health will support this hire with mentoring and substantial resources to foster your success with us and in your longer-term career. You will receive exposure to a wide array of issues and training on how to deliver high quality work product, often under limited timelines. We take pride in balancing our commitment to delivering superior client service with a socially responsible and collegial atmosphere that treats our employees as whole people, not just workers.
- Research and written analyses of federal health policy developments, including bills and regulations relating to Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial insurance markets;
- Coverage and summarization of Congressional hearings, Administration meetings, etc.;
- Preparation of advocacy materials and issue briefs;
- Monitoring of federal and state policy websites, listservs, and other sources for new materials for analysis and distribution to clients;
- Participation on client conference calls, including pre-call preparation and post-call follow up and deliverables; and
- Some administrative tasks, including preparation of contact files for product distribution and advocacy campaigns, entering analysis to website (no coding or other technical experience necessary), etc.
- Highly motivated, ambitious, self-starter able to work independently;
- Ability to maintain collegiality and positivity in a high-performing environment;
- Long-term career focus in health policy;
- Commitment to developing in-depth expertise in health policy issues, including the implications for underserved and marginalized populations;
- Superior research and writing skills;
- Strong organizational skills including task tracking and adherence to deadlines;
- Creative, innovative, solution-oriented approach to resolving challenges; and
- An advanced degree (or part-time study toward an advanced degree) in a relevant field is preferred but not required (candidates without advanced degrees will receive full consideration).
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary starting at $45,000-$65,000 based on experience and qualifications
- Performance-based bonus equal to 10-20% of base salary, paid out semi-annually
- 401k with automatic 3% employer contribution
- Full premium for bronze level family health insurance coverage
- Access to dental and vision plan
- Eligibility for new client acquisition bonuses
- Generous paid time off policy
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Flexibility to work remotely over 90% of the time (including post-COVID)
To be considered, please send a cover email with your resume and a 2-3 page writing sample attached to email@example.com with “Associate Position” in the subject line. Please note any prior, related experience you may have in the health care, government affairs, or politics fields in your cover email. Applications should be submitted no later than Thursday, June 30. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled.
About Wynne Health Group
Founded by Billy Wynne, J.D., former Health Policy Counsel to the Senate Finance Committee, the Wynne Health Group is the a mission-driven, public interest government relations firm focused on health and well-being. We provide congressional and regulatory lobbying, in-depth policy analysis, strategic consulting, public relations, and federal grant-related services. Our clients include several members of the Fortune 500, marquee health systems and providers, life science companies, health plans, foundations, state governments, and investment firms. More about the Wynne Health Group is available here, including our commitment to social responsibility.
The Wynne Health Group is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, persons with disabilities, women, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and other potentially underrepresented populations to apply.